Thursday, October 1, 2009

Re-Tying the Knot


I meant to post this after my family came back from our family-moon, but as you can see, its been a crazy September, so I'm playing a little catch up!

After having been civilly married for 3 years, my husband and I finally got married in our church and had a beautiful reception so that all of our family and friends could celebrate with us.

But enough about that! Sara and I (yes we made my wedding cake!) wanted to take our cake making skills to the next level. Stacking and layering mixed flavors was a stretch but it turned out beautifully!

We made 2 different flavors of cake: chocolate cake with orange chocolate ganache and lemon poppy seed cake with fresh blueberry coulis!

We wanted to do something fun with the cakes, so we stacked two 12" cakes, placed a 9" cake on top of that, and finished with two 6" cakes and here's what we ended up with!




The cherry blossom design tied in with the decor of the reception; chocolate brown table covers with fuschia sashes and cherry blossom like centerpieces. We were very pleased with the results and best of all, the guests couldn't get enough of it!

Deliciously Yours,

Jzabela & Sara

1 comment: